Welcome Members News Search Committees
  You are not logged in Log in
You are here: Home » Minutes » 2003-03-20 Board Meeting

2003-03-20 Board Meeting

committee reports; Discussion of corporate vendor's role in ICIT; Planning for ICIT Summer Conference
ICIT_temp

ICIT EXECUTIVE BOARD MEETING

President: Wayne Chizek, GIS Director (Marshall)
Vice President: Jim Rice, MIS Director (Cerro Gordo)
Sec./Treas: Ray Willis, Mapping Specialist (Polk)
Past President: Robert Canney, MIS Director (Black Hawk)
Tech. Advocate: Randy Snyder, DP Director, (Warren)
District 3 Rep: Theresa Wurth, GIS/DP Coordinator (Clay)
District 4 Rep: Micah Cutler, GIS Administrator (Harrison)
District 5 Rep: Pete Buckingham, GIS Coord (Washington)
District 6 Rep: Jason Siebrecht, GIS Coord (Linn)

ICIT Executive Board Meeting Agenda
4:00 p.m. Thursday, March 20th, 2003
Holiday Inn Airport, Des Moines

Wayne opened the meeting with discussion of the ICIT and ISAC sessions during this Spring School.  We all agreed that the presentations were well received and we felt that ICIT's sessions went well.  Wayne reminded everyone that The Sidwell Company is planning a two day Introduction to Arc View training session in Johnston, July 23rd & 24th.  Wayne had a request from the ISAC Zoning Affiliate for ICIT to have a presentation at their conference, either April 16th & 17th or April 17th & 18th.

Business Continuation by Jim; Committee met last night, may have a presentation of Fall School or possibly Summer School

Organization reports
IGIC update by Micah; IGIC is accepting presentations for their June conference until March 24th.
   They will continue accepting posters until June.  The IGIC web site now has on-line registration for the conference.
HIPPA Ad Hoc Committee - by Randy; Committee met last night, they are working on the bid process for the 28E agreement.
   Quilogy and Polk County are tracking mental health consumers.  ISAC won't take the 28E agreement to the ISAC Board until
   their next meeting, April 24th.

Discussion on vendors & non-county membership fees
Wayne - several vendors had expressed an interest in providing financial support to ICIT at the 2002 Spring School, the
  question is what is a fair dollar amount to set as a Corporate membership fee
Pete - didn't think the vendors should have a vote on any ICIT issues
Theresa - any vendor giving a presentation at an ICIT event should make it clear in the description of the presentation whether
 the presentation is vendor specific or generic.
Jim - Concern over one large vendor taking over too much of ICIT events
Jason -Maybe we should limit vendor demonstrations at the Summer Conference and do primarily educational sessions
Wayne - suggested that ICIT may want to establish a Technical Advisory Committee to work with the vendors on some
   technical issues such as addressing
Ray - in response to discussion about getting large contributions from vendors; the concern over getting too large of a
  balance in the ICIT account.  We are a nonprofit organization and shouldn't carry too large of a balance.  Perhaps enough
  to ensure that if a ICIT event does get canceled or doesn't have enough attendance to cover expenses, that ICIT can still
  cover expenses.
Wayne - once ICIT builds a larger balance in the account, we may want to consider covering covering some travel expenses
Ray - suggest $25 for individual non-county membership
Pete - suggestion that Corporate members of ICIT be given a discount on vendor booth fees at the ICIT conferences
Wayne - ISAC charges $500 per vendor booth
Bob - suggest $50 for non-county individuals and $150-$200 for Corporate membership fee
Jim - suggest $250 for Corporate membership fee

Motion by Randy; second by Scott, to charge $50 for non-county individual membership fee.  Passed by a unanimous vote.

Motion by Randy; second by Theresa, to charge $250 for Corporate non-voting membership fee.  Passed by a unanimous vote.

Suggestion by Wayne that ICIT allow Corporate members to post a link to their Corporate web site on the ICIT web site.
Wayne will modify the current membership form to use as a Corporate membership form.

Discussion on ICIT's Summer Conference
Wanye said that Adventureland Inn in Altoona seemed to be an ideal location for ICIT's first conference.
ICIT could use the 2nd floor, over the lobby.  There is one main room that can be split into five individual rooms.
The discussion was that we would have three tracks with a vendor display area outside of the meeting rooms in a balcony area.
We would have separate rooms for the meals.  Suggested topics were CAD, GIS Legal Issues, IS/MIS Topics, and Vendor
Demonstrations.  We agreed that 1 1/2 hour sessions made sense.
Jim suggested that we ask Iowa Interactive to discuss web sites.
Dan Combs who is involved with e-commerce at the State of Iowa could discuss e-signatures.
Randy would like to see something on vendors normalizing their data structures toward odbc compliant.
Randy thought we could use the summer conference for "deeper" topics.
Wayne thought that Peter Thum, Geo-Analytics, could fill up a 1 1/2 hour time slot on addressing.
For Wednesday, we should try to finish by 4:00, to allow for a vendor reception.
Wayne thought we should allow about 1/2 hour for an opening session Wednesday morning.
A Des Moines company, EDS, will set up vendor booths 8'x10' with aprons for $32.  That includes delivery, setup and tear down.
Suggestion to charge $250 - $300 per vendor booth and include a 45 minute time slot in a vendor presentation room.
We would use the remaining "profit" from booth charges to cover costs of vendor reception (1 hour 4:30-5:30).
Estimated attendance - Tuesday 30-60 people; Wednesday 60-100 people; Thursday 30-60 people.
Tuesday registration from 11:00 to 12:00.
Registration fees; 1 day registration (Wednesday) $50 member, $60 non-member; full conference $80 member, $100 non-member.
Motion by Pete; second by Randy to set registration fees.  Passed by unanimous vote.
Wayne suggested getting a block of rooms at Adventureland Inn to be held until May 10th.
Registration by May 23rd; add $10 for late registration.
Suggestion that each district gather a basket of goodies from their district to be given out as door prizes.
Registration committee: Micah, Theresa, and Ray.

New Business
Jason said they will be holding an Eastern Iowa GIS Group meeting April 24th at Kirkwood.

Next meeting date and Adjournment.
First week in June.
 
 
 
 

« August 2017 »
Su Mo Tu We Th Fr Sa
    1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30 31    
News