Welcome Members News Search Committees
  You are not logged in Log in
You are here: Home » Minutes » 2012-03-15 Business Meeting

2012-03-15 Business Meeting

ICIT Business Meeting, Downtown Des Moines Marriot

Officers:

  • X President: Jeff Miller, GIS Coordinator (Dubuque)
  • X Vice President: James Nehring, IT Director (Hardin)
  •    Secretary: Kelsi Jurik, GIS Technician (Polk)
  • X Treasurer: Alissa Julius, IT Director (Dickinson)
  • X Past President: Julie Harris, IT Director (Warren)
  • X Tech. Advocate: Joel Rohne, IT-GIS Director (Worth)
  • X District 1 Rep: Michelle Fields, IT Manager/Drainage (Greene)
  • X District 2 Rep: Gabe Johanns, IT Director (Franklin)
  • X District 3 Rep: Patti Maymon, IT Director (Buena Vista)
  •    District 4 Rep: Todd Butterbaugh, GIS (Pottawattamie)
  • X District 5 Rep: Gina Erickson, IT Director (Des Moines)
  • X District 6 Rep: Kim Veeder, IT Director (Black Hawk)

Committees:

  • X Education and Schools Micah VanMaanen (Sioux)
  •    Information Security Colin Gerst (Des Moines)
  • X Legislative Jeff Rodda (Polk)
  • X Membership & Awards Julie Harris (Warren)
  • X On-Line Services Scott Williams (Marshall)
  • X Auditing James Nehring (Hardin)
  • X Repository Wayne Chizek (Marshall)

Agenda ICIT Business Meeting – March 15, 2012 – 1:30 pm

  1. Call meeting to order

    Jeff Miller called the meeting to order at 1:35 pm.

  2. Approval of previous meeting minutes

    Julie Harris made the motion. Gina Erickson seconded. Motion carried.

  3. Approval of Agenda
  4. Financial and Membership Report

    Alissa Juliusreported that there are currently 113 active members and $23,859.08 in the bank.

  5. ICIT Committee activities
    1. Education & Schools
      Micah VanMaanen reported on the Mid-Year and that teh registration is now open. A few spring school sessions have been changed so those were mentioned.
    2. Legislative – Policy Committee Report
      Jeff Rodda shared about some items going on in the legistlature currently.
    3. Membership & Awards
      Julie Harris discussed about some additional awards to recognize some people who are retiring and recognizing those who have been involved.
    4. On-Line Services
      Scott Williams has been working on mid-year registration including a smartphone/tablet site with agendas. Scott also mentioned that each member can add their own content to the site. There is also a link called my preferences where pictures can be uploaded so we can create some sort of map. Scott will also be setting up email addresses for officers.
    5. Information Security
      There was nothing to report.
  6. Organization updates
    1. ISAC Executive Board
      Wayne Chizek shared the budget was approved and the Fall School will be at the Vets Auditorium for the next 3 years in the fall.
    2. Data Repository
      Wayne Chizek shared the group is moving forward and working with ArcGIS online.
    3. Iowa Land Records
      Scott Williams reported that a contract was approved with Schneider Corp so their Beacon site will link to Iowa Land Records index records. That link will be available in the future for other vendors as well.
    4. IGIC
      Micah Cutler reported they have set a location for the 2013 conference at Kirkwood. A GIS service bureau that has been operating out of ISU funded by a 2 year grant have been working on metadata projects.
    5. CIAO
      Matt Boeke reported that he had good response from IGIC that regional meetings were important so he will be setting up a meeting sometime in the future.
    6. EIGIS
      Jeff Miller reported the group met in January and there is a meeting scheduled in May.
    7. Ag Adjustment
      Ryan Lafrenz reported GIS service bureau to help entities that do not feel comfortable with GIS. There is a grant to help fund the creation of just Ag parcels for the areas that currently do not have GIS. The goal is to get all the rules written by July so it can be implemented by the 2014 tax year.
  7. Articles of Incorporation

    Jeff Miller reported the board approved the draft articles. This is being done to take the next step for doing the tax exempt process.

  8. Mid-Year Location

    Wayne Chizek reported RFP's were sent out on the mid-year location. The locations were graded based on location, costs and room costs as well as other criteria. From the 8 that were received 3 were recommended and they are the West Des Moines Marriott, Prairie Meadows and Adventureland. The board is going to continue to research the 3 and will bring a final recommendation to the board.

  9. Tiger Team

    Julie Harris made the motion to change the name from Tiger Team to TEC team. Micah Van Maanen seconded. Motion carried. Joel Rohne mentioned how the process has really taken off so he is asking the membership that the members volunteer.

  10. Scholarship Award

    Ethan Westering from Atlantic High School in Cass County will receive a $2,000 scholarship from the Iowa Counties Information Technology Organization.

  11. Officer Duties

    Nothing to report.

  12. Unfinished Business

    Nothing to report.

  13. Other Business

    Nothing to report.

  14. Adjournment

    Motion by Julie Harris and seconded by Gina Erickson. Motion carried.

« October 2017 »
Su Mo Tu We Th Fr Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30 31        
News